- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
ANNA, Ill. -- Mildred L. Holshouser, 93, of Shelbyville, Ill., formerly of Hillsboro, Ill., and Anna, died Friday, Jan. 9, 2004, at Shelby Memorial Hospital in Shelbyville.
She was born Aug. 29, 1910, at Cobden, Ill., daughter of Jacob and Josephine Owen Hunsaker. She and George Dick were married on June 21, 1930. He died Aug. 28, 1970. She married Harold Holshouser on April 6, 1975. He died Oct. 26, 1988.
Holshouser attended Southern Illinois University and the Illinois Training School for Nurses. She was a member of First Christian Church in Shelbyville and a former member of the First Christian Churches in Hillsboro and Anna. She was a member of the Past Matrons Club of Shelbyville and Order of the Eastern Star Herman Chapter 95 of Hillsboro, where she was a worthy matron.
Survivors include two nephews, Paul Karraker of Shelbyville and Robert Karraker of Winston-Salem, N.C.; a niece, Carolyn Moore of Herrin, Ill.; three great- nephews, Steve and Bill Karraker and Scott Moore; a great-niece, Cheryl Tubbs; and several great-great- nieces and great-great-nephews.
She was preceded in death by a sister.
Friends may call from 1 to 2 p.m. Tuesday at Crain Funeral Home in Anna.
Funeral will be at 2 p.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Paul Tirey officiating. Burial will be in Anna Cemetery.