- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
VILLA RIDGE, Ill. -- Imon Eugene "Jinker" Goins, 63, of Villa Ridge died Saturday, Jan. 10, 2004, at the Herrin Hospital in Herrin, Ill.
He was born May 16, 1940, son of the late Imon and Hattie Mae VanMeter Goins.
Goins was a Navy veteran and retired carpenter.
Survivors include his wife, Mary Frizzell Goins, of Villa Ridge; a son, Johnny Goins of Villa Ridge; a daughter, Gina Jones, of Carlisle County, Ky.; a brother, Robert "Waddy" Goins of Olmsted, Ill.; a sister, Donna Kay Bringman of Kenton, Ohio; and six grandchildren.
No services have been announced as of this time. Jones Funeral Home in Villa Ridge is in charge of arrangements.