- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Events for Breast Cancer Awareness Month
* Dig for Life Pink-Out Night, 7 p.m. Houck Field House. Southeast Missouri State University volleyball athletes "dig" for breast cancer prevention, detection and education. Team members secure pledges per dig, a volleyball term, which are then tallied throughout all of October's home matches. All ticket proceeds to the game will benefit Dig for Life, and breast cancer survivors will receive a free T-shirt.
* Breast Care & Diagnostic Center Open House: From noon to 6 p.m. The Center will open its doors to visitors in October in an effort to better educate women about the detection and treatment of breast cancer.
* Think Pink Breast Cancer Awareness Night: 5 to 9 p.m., Just Teasin' Hair and Nail Salon. Proceeds from $10 haircuts go to breast cancer research.
To add other Breast Cancer Awareness Month activities to this list, contact Chris Harris at email@example.com or call her at 335-6611, extension 246