- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Oran man stabbed in bar fight
ORAN, Mo. -- An Oran man was in serious condition after being stabbed in the stomach during a bar fight at Otter's Bar in Oran, according to the Scott County Sheriff's Department.
Police arrested Larry Koenig, 51, of Cape Girardeau. He is charged with first-degree assault and armed criminal action.
Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter and several deputies responded to the bar at about 11:30 p.m. Friday.
The victim was airlifted to a Cape Girardeau hospital where he underwent surgery for his injuries late Friday night.
He suffered internal injuries, but doctors said he came out of the surgery well, according to Walter.
The victim's name is being withheld pending notification of all family members.
Several witness at the bar gave accounts, but police are still investigating the cause of the altercation.
Walter said it appears that only Koenig and the victim were involved in the actual fight.
Koenig is being held in the Scott County Jail on $75,000 bond.