- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Oran man stabbed in bar fight
ORAN, Mo. -- An Oran man was in serious condition after being stabbed in the stomach during a bar fight at Otter's Bar in Oran, according to the Scott County Sheriff's Department.
Police arrested Larry Koenig, 51, of Cape Girardeau. He is charged with first-degree assault and armed criminal action.
Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter and several deputies responded to the bar at about 11:30 p.m. Friday.
The victim was airlifted to a Cape Girardeau hospital where he underwent surgery for his injuries late Friday night.
He suffered internal injuries, but doctors said he came out of the surgery well, according to Walter.
The victim's name is being withheld pending notification of all family members.
Several witness at the bar gave accounts, but police are still investigating the cause of the altercation.
Walter said it appears that only Koenig and the victim were involved in the actual fight.
Koenig is being held in the Scott County Jail on $75,000 bond.