- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)4
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Jessica Mae Martin and Shane Lynn Goodwin were married Sept. 1, 2007, in a lakeside setting at Deerfield Lodge. The Rev. Paul Short performed the ceremony. Music was by a string quartet comprised of Michelle Suhr, Karl Suhr, Kirk and Kyle Miller of Cape Girardeau.
The bride is the daughter of Jeffery and Debra Martin of Jackson. The groom is the son of Terry Goodwin of Alexandria, La., and Herman and Laura Beaubouef of Baton Rouge, La.
Maid of honor was Julie Martin of Jackson, sister of the bride. Bridesmaids were Heather Hackl of St. Louis and Laura Lorier of Sheboygan Falls, Wis.
Shane Ross of Kilgore, Texas, was best man. Groomsmen were Jeff Butler of Alexandria and Trent Gray of Jackson. Usher was James Hickey of McFarland, Wis., godson of the bride.
The reception was held at Deerfield Lodge.
The groom's mother and stepfather hosted the rehearsal dinner Aug. 31 at Mollie's Cafe and Bar.
Mrs. Goodwin is a 1997 graduate of Sheboygan Lutheran High School, and attended Southeast Missouri State University. She is general manager at Petco in Carbondale, Ill.
The groom is a 1990 graduate of Alexandria High School, and attended Louisiana State University. He is a new store coordinator with Petco.
After a wedding trip to Florida and Savannah, Ga., the couple resides in Jackson.