- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Leslie Elaine Hanschen and Bryan Thomas Schmid exchanged wedding vows July 14, 2007, at First Baptist Church in Cape Girardeau. Jim Matthews performed the ceremony. Music was by Lisa Drum and Jean Schweain of Jackson, Lisa Barrett of Sparta, Mo., and Julia and Eric Pitts of Manchester, Mo.
Parents of the couple are Darrell and Cheryl Hanschen and Thomas and Kathy Schmid, all of Jackson.
Maid of honor was Brittany Hanschen of Vinita, Okla. Bridesmaids were Martha Huck of Jackson, Twinkle Ivester of St. Louis, Morgan Johnston of Cincinnati, Ohio, Erin Brooks of St. Louis, Linden and Sydney Schabbing of Perryville, Mo.
Andrew Schmid of Jackson was his brother's best man. Groomsmen were Ryan Shelton of Oakland, Tenn., David Nall of St. Louis, Ben Hinchey of Boston, Mass., Jon Starzinger of Fort Smith, Ark., Martin Brugger of Paducah, Ky., and Austin Neumeyer of Cape Girardeau. Ushers were Nathan Goldschmidt of Newport, Ark., and Ryan Wetsell of Lowell, Ark.
Flower girl was Lucy Neumeyer of Cape Girardeau, cousin of the bride. Ringbearer was Will Schabbing of Perryville, cousin of the bride.
Lauren Ivester attended the guest book.
The reception was held at Water's Edge Retreat in Gordonville.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner July 13 at the Show Me Center.
Mrs. Schmid received a bachelor of arts degree in French from the University of Arkansas-Fayetteville in 2003, and a master of arts in foreign language education from the University of Missouri-Columbia in 2005. She is employed with East Arkansas Youth Services in Marion.
The groom received a bachelor of science degree in plant and soil sciences from Southeast Missouri State University in 2004, and expects to receive a master of science degree in crop, soil and environmental sciences from the University of Arkansas this fall. He is a county extension agent with the University of Arkansas Cooperative Extension Service in Marion.
After a wedding trip to Jamaica, the couple resides in Clarkedale, Ark.