- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)22
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
Geraldine Marie Meier, 81, of Jackson died Thursday, Oct. 18, 2007, at Monticello House.
She was born Feb. 12, 1926, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Truman and Leona Diebold Stroder. She and Wilbur "Speed" Meier were married Oct. 12, 1957. He died June 20, 1989.
Meier was a member of Immaculate Conception Church.
Survivors include a daughter, Karen Goodson of Jackson; three sons, Keith Meier of Battle Creek, Mich., David Meier of Union, Mo., Terry Meier of Jackson; a sister, Marilyn Rellergert of Jackson; two brothers, Bob and Quentin Stroder of Cape Girardeau; nine grandchildren; and a great-grandchild.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. Sunday at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson. Parish prayers will be at 7, followed by the rosary.
Funeral Mass will be at 9:30 a.m. Monday at Immaculate Conception Church, with Monsignor Edward Eftink officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park in Cape Girardeau.