- Dashcam video of Lowe's truck crash going viral (7/26/17)1
- Chaffee City Council fires officer facing criminal charge (7/23/17)1
- Wreck flips Lowe's truck in Cape (7/25/17)4
- Major Case Squad seeks woman in connection with homicide investigation (7/26/17)
- Cape theater acts to eliminate bedbugs, closes one of its auditoriums (7/27/17)1
- More details emerge in Perryville police-misconduct case (7/21/17)
- Former Sikeston DPS director denies knowing about allegations against detective (7/20/17)1
- Jackson Homecomers begins Tuesday; new features planned (7/25/17)
- Book focuses on history of Briarwood Manor in Cape (7/23/17)
- Cape school board welcomes five administrators (7/25/17)
Rover will take extra day to roll
PASADENA, Calif. -- NASA scientists said Sunday they had decided to keep the Spirit rover on its lander for an extra day, putting off its rollout onto the martian landscape until at least late Wednesday.
NASA adjusted the robot's schedule based on analysis of photos and data it sent back, they said, and added that another day-long delay is possible. That's not unusual given the complex nature of the mission, they said.
"We adjust and plan every day to manage risks and resources," Arthur Amador, a mission manager, said at a news conference.