- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- New CEO named at Wood & Huston Bank (8/21/16)
- Victims of alleged Ponzi scheme seek compensation from killer's victims (8/21/16)3
- Cape Central football team falls to state-ranked Liberty in Pixley's debut (8/20/16)
- 'Santa' suspect Moffat sentenced to 12 years for sexual abuse of girl (8/23/16)2
Rover will take extra day to roll
PASADENA, Calif. -- NASA scientists said Sunday they had decided to keep the Spirit rover on its lander for an extra day, putting off its rollout onto the martian landscape until at least late Wednesday.
NASA adjusted the robot's schedule based on analysis of photos and data it sent back, they said, and added that another day-long delay is possible. That's not unusual given the complex nature of the mission, they said.
"We adjust and plan every day to manage risks and resources," Arthur Amador, a mission manager, said at a news conference.