- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Region briefs 10/19/07
Cedric âThe Entertainerâ to be parade marshal
Cedric Kyles, known as âThe Entertainerâ for roles in the movies âBe Cool,â âBarbershopâ and âMadagascar,â will be the parade marshal for Southeast Missouri State Universityâs Homecoming parade. Kyles is a 1987 graduate of Southeast. His mother, Rosetta Kyles, a 1975 graduate, will join him as marshal. The parade is at 9:30 a.m. Saturday on Broadway.
Dickerson to receive award from foundation
Donald L. Dickerson will receive the 2007 Friend of the University Award, considered the highest honor bestowed by the Southeast Missouri University Foundation. The award ârecognizes those who support and who are closely associated with the mission, purposes, plans and programs of the university,â according to a news release. Dickerson served on the universityâs board of regents from 1993 to 2004, serving as president for eight of those years. He will receive the award at 6 p.m. today at the Copper Dome Society Merit Award Recognition Program in the Bedell Performance Hall on the River Campus.
Clifton hired as districtâs director of finance
Misty Clifton has accepted an offer to be the Cape Girardeau School Districtâs director of finance. The board decided in a closed session Monday to offer Clifton a contract, superintendent Dr. David Scala said. Cliftonâs contract will be brought before the board at its next meeting for approval. Clifton, a payroll manager at Southeast Missouri State University, is replacing Brenda McCowan, who will become the districtâs coordinator of federal programs, grants and communication.
â" From staff reports