- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
ALTENBURG, Mo. -- Terri Lea Wachter and Jeffrey Carl Peters were married Nov. 8, 2003, at Immanuel Lutheran Church in New Wells, Mo. The Rev. Rick Patzwitz performed the ceremony. Organist was Sue Ludwig of Jackson. Soloists were Lisa Reitzel and Dean Sawyer of Whitewater.
Parents of the couple are Charley and Retha Wachter of Altenburg, and Carl and Marcella Peters of Burfordville.
Maid of honor was Vicki Wachter of Altenburg, sister of the bride. Bridesmaids were Cindy Johnston of Scott City, sister of the bride, and Tammy Peters of Burfordville, sister-in-law of the groom.
Todd Peters of Burfordville was his brother's best man. Groomsmen were Jamie Wachter of Altenburg, brother of the bride, and Mark Reitzel of Whitewater, cousin of the groom. Ushers were Clayton Helderman of Burfordville and Scott Smith of Jackson.
Candlelighter was Kelly Colbert of Foristell, Mo., cousin of the bride.
Flower girls were Bethany Peters, niece of the groom, and Lydia Reitzel, cousin of the groom. Bethany is the daughter of Todd and Tammy Peters. Lydia is the daughter of Mark and Lisa Reitzel.
Melissa Reitzel of Cape Girardeau, cousin of the groom, attended the guest book. Program attendant was Caleb Statler of Jackson, godson of the bride.
Following the ceremony, the reception was held at the American Legion Hall in Jackson. Servers were Doris Peters and Barb Reitzel, aunts of the groom, and Janet Statler and Kathy Stueve, godmothers of the bride.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner Nov. 7 at the church.
Mrs. Peters is a 1995 graduate of Jackson High School. She received a bachelor of science degree in early childhood education from Southeast Missouri State University, and a master's in education from Webster University. She is a first grade teacher at Kelly Elementary in Benton, Mo.
The groom is a 1993 graduate of Jackson High School. He received a bachelor of science degree in agribusiness from Southeast. He is a cell technician at Dana Corp.
The couple is residing in Burfordville.