- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- W.M. "Billy Mac" Daugherty, 71, of Chaffee died Friday, Jan. 9, 2004, at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
He was born Dec. 4, 1932, in Chaffee, son of Claude and Edith Blackwell Daugherty. He and Anita Cowell were married Aug. 11, 1951.
He was a clerk for 18 years at Frisco Railroad Co. in Chaffee and was a retired groundman for IBEW Local 702 in West Frankfort, Ill. He was a member of Chaffee Masonic Lodge 615, Elks Lodge 1810 and First Baptist Church in Chaffee.
Survivors include his wife of the home; two sons, Bob Daugherty of Frohna, Mo., and Dan Daugherty of Jackson; one daughter, Susan Schwartz of Morley, Mo.; one brother, Clarence Daugherty of Chaffee; one sister, Mary Alice Eaker of Cape Girardeau; eight grandchildren; and eight great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by one son, one sister and his parents.
Friends may call after 5 p.m. Monday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Watis Harrell officiating. Burial will be in Union Park Cemetery in Chaffee.