- Emergency c-section on dead mother saves baby following I-55 wreck (05/15/16)19
- Big drug haul made during Cape Girardeau bust (05/17/16)11
- Police charge Perryville man with statutory rape of two underage girls (05/17/16)
- Teen shot outside apartment off Lorimier Street (05/20/16)39
- Body found Thursday at Ranney Park in Cape (05/20/16)10
- Bollinger County deputies bust man on meth-for-sex sting (05/20/16)2
- Area farmer pleads guilty to fraud (05/18/16)1
- Perryville man accused of grabbing woman around throat, pulling out her hair (05/18/16)1
- Charleston man accused of fatally shooting Cape teen (05/22/16)24
- Vandals ravage historic Shivelbine house before demolition (05/18/16)25
People on the move 01/12/04
New stylist hired at Eugene's Total Care
Laura Ruff has joined Eugene's Total Care Salon in Cape Girardeau as a stylist. She is a certified hairdresser and manicurist who graduated from Stage One Hair School in November. Ruff offers an assortment of hairstyling services, from perms and curlings to highlights.
Christensen appointed court reporter for circuit
Circuit Judge John P. Heisserer has appointed Brenda Christensen as the official court reporter for Division II of the 32nd Judicial Circuit. Christensen replaces Russell Welder, who retired in December. Christensen, of Cape Girardeau, is a certified court reporter and has been employed as a freelance court reporter with Wills & Associates in Cape Girardeau. She has more than 25 years of experience as a court reporter. The 32nd Judicial Circuit includes Bollinger, Cape Girardeau and Perry counties. She began her duties Jan. 1.
Gosche joins Alliance Bank at Oran branch
Jim Gosche has been hired by Alliance Bank as vice president and branch manager of the new Alliance Bank branch in Oran, Mo. Gosche began his banking career in 1975 with the Sikeston Production Credit Association as a field representative in Portageville, Mo. He then joined Centerre Bank in Cape Girardeau in 1985 as vice president in lending. His most recent post was with the First Financial/Union Planters Bank for the past 11 years as a senior vice president and branch manager of its Oran branch. Gosche is a graduate of Oran High School and Southeast Missouri State University. He also attended and graduated from the Colorado Graduate School of Banking in 1992.
Woodmen representative completes FIC course
Modern Woodmen of America representative Charles L. Blumenberg of Cape Girardeau has been designated a Fraternal Insurance Counsellor. The title is an educational designation that can be earned by career life insurance representatives associated with fraternal insurance societies. Representatives devote more than a year to meet the examination and career development criteria set by the Fraternal Field Managers Association.
State police welcome new Ullin commander
Monica Joost has been named the new district commander of Illinois Police District 22 in Ullin, Ill. Joost, originally from Randolph County, was promoted to captain in December. She brings 30 years of experience to law enforcement. Joost is a graduate of Steeleville High School and began her career as a dispatcher at the Randolph County Sheriff's Department in Chester, Ill.
-- From staff reports