- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- George H. Statler, 90, of Marble Hill died Friday, Jan. 9, 2004, at his home.
He was born Dec. 8, 1913, near Sedgewickville, Mo., son of Joseph and Mary Statler. He and Ethel M. Eaker were married Sept. 7, 1940, near Lutesville, Mo.
Statler worked at McDonnell Aircraft from 1955 to 1974, and also farmed in Bollinger County. He attended New Sylvan General Baptist Church.
Survivors include his wife; a son, Sonny Statler of Marble Hill; a sister, Ellen Johnson of Chicago; a grandson; and a great-granddaughter.
He was preceded in death by two brothers and a sister.
Friends may call at Liley Funeral Home in Marble Hill from 4 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Fred Ritter officiating. Burial will be in Bollinger County Memorial Park Cemetery.