- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Community digest 10/15/07
Program on bicyclehelmet safety planned
A free program on bicycle helmet safety will be held from 6 to 7:15 p.m. today at HealthPoint Fitness in Cape Girardeau. Mike Ponder will present the program in conjunction with the VELO Cape Girardeau Bike Club. The program, which is open to the general public, will be held in conference room 3.
Genealogists to hold meeting in Sikeston
The Scott County Historical Genealogical Society will meet at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at the Depot Museum in Sikeston, Mo.
Boys and Girls Club plans open house for Tuesday
The Boys and Girls Club of Cape Girardeau will hold an open house at 11 a.m. Tuesday at its new location at 1913 Whitener St., across from the Tiger Field House on the Central Junior High campus.
Southeast Missouri Pachyderm Club to meet
The Southeast Missouri Pachyderm Club meeting begins with a meal at 6:15 p.m. Thursday at Denny's Restaurant in Cape Girardeau, followed by a 7 p.m. meeting. A guest speaker will follow. Call Gerald Adams at 243-4199 for more information.
Voice for Life convention to be held in Scott City
The 10th annual Voice for Life convention will be held from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday at St. Joseph's parish hall in Scott City. Students do not have to pay a fee for sessions, lunch and a snack. For more information, call 266-0041.
-- From staff reports