- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Lela Mae Collins, 89, of Cape Girardeau died Sunday, Oct. 14, 2007, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Aug. 2, 1918, in Lutesville, Mo., daughter of James and Bessie (Cotner) Sample. She and Gail F. Collins were married July 9, 1937, in Jackson. He died April 3, 1989.
She had worked for Superior Electric Co. in Cape Girardeau for 35 years. She was a member of Cape First Church.
She is survived by a son, Rodney G. Collins of Gilbertsville, Ky.; three grandchildren; four great-grandchildren; and a great-great grandchild.
She was preceded in death by her parents, husband, two brothers and three sisters.
Friends may call from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
Graveside services will be at 1:30 p.m. Tuesday at Cape County Memorial Park. Burial will be at Cape County Memorial Park Cemetery.