- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Edna M. Jansen, 89, of Cape Girardeau died Sunday, Oct. 14, 2007, at Saint Francis Medical Center.
She was born July 22, 1918, in Cape Girardeau County, daughter of Gustav and Linda Graden Niemeier. She married Cletus L. Jansen Nov. 25, 1970.
She worked as a waitress. She was a member of Hanover Lutheran Church where she was a member of the ladies aide and the church quilters group.
She is survived by her husband; a stepson, Kevin Jansen of Cape Girardeau; five stepdaughters, Linda Piatt of Whitewater, LaDonna Scheffer of Dutchtown, Bonita VanGennip of Cape Girardeau, Barbara Hammers of Jackson and Rhonda Davis of Collierville, Tenn.; a brother, Rudy Niemeier of Cape Girardeau; 14 stepgrandchildren; and two great-stepgrandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents and a stepgrandchild.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today and from 9 a.m. until time of service on Tuesday at Lorberg Memorial Funeral Chapel.
Funeral will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral chapel, with the Rev. Daniel Hackney officiating. Burial will be in Hanover Lutheran Church Cemetery.