- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Extension offers class in cash flow management
The University of Missouri Extension Service will be offering a course in cash flow management for small businesses on Nov. 1 at the Perry County Extension Center, 321 N. Main St. in Perryville, Mo. The class, sponsored by the Workforce Investment Board, will be presented by CPA Carol Word. The course will cover subjects such as where comes from in a small business, day-to-day operations, and identifying and correcting common cash-flow problems. Seating is limited. Call 573-243-3581 to make a reservation for the class.
Boys & Girls Club to hold ribbon cutting
A ribbon cutting for the new location of the Boys & Girls Club of Cape Girardeau will be held at 11:30 a.m. Tuesday at 1913 Whitener St.
Deadline approaching for ads in 'The Cape'
The deadline is Wednesday for purchasing advertising in "The Cape," a publication affiliated with the Cape Girardeau Area Chamber of Commerce that showcases the area to new residents, visitors and chamber members. For more information, contact Beth Prince at 573-334-7100.
Christmas ornament available around town
Old Town Cape announced that its 2007 Christmas ornament depicting Port Cape Girardeau is available. The ornament will be sold at the Port Cape Girardeau restaurant, Bob's Shoe Service, the Cape Girardeau Convention and Visitors Bureau, C.P. McGinty's, Hutson's Fine Furniture, Jayson Jewelers, Lang's Jewelers, Knaup Floral, Pastime Antiques, Renaissance, Shivelbine's Music, The Woman's Store, Memories Made in Missouri, Broadway Prescription Shop and Zickfield's Jewelers.
Open house planned at Mid-Continent
Mid-Continent University will hold an informational open house from 5 to 7 p.m. Tuesday and again Oct. 24 at the Osage Community Centre, 1625 N. Kingshighway. The program will offer information about the Paducah, Ky.,-based school's offerings at the Shawnee Community College campus in Anna, Ill. The university's ADVANTAGE program provides five week, one-evening-per-week coursework with credit toward an undergraduate degree.
-- From staff reports