- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)9
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)2
- 'I want to see how far I can go' (7/21/16)2
- Southeast Missouri State football players, local police team up for Backstoppers benefit (7/22/16)2
People on the move 10/15/07
Local broker completes certification course
Brenda Miller, a licensed real estate broker-salesperson with RE/MAX Realty Experts, announced she has successfully completed the Realtor e-PRO course, earning certification through the National Association of Realtors. The Realtor e-PRO course is designed to provide real estate professionals with the skill to assist customers in the purchase or sale of a home via electronic means. Passing the course certifies the Realtor as an Internet professional.
Salon adds two new members to staff
Concepts Styling Salon and Giftique, 107 West Drive, announced the addition of two new staff members. Jessie Eck, a licensed aesthetician specializing in skin care, and Elishah Urbaez, a licensed cosmetologist specializing in haircare, are welcoming new clients, salon owner Danea Johnson reports.
Local program director listed as one of best
KZIM/KSIM Radio program director Faune Riggin was included in the list of 10 best program directors in small market radio in the Oct. 22 edition of Radio Ink, a magazine about and for the radio industry. The magazine included a biography and photo of Riggin, who is also the station's morning host. The annual list separates program directors into major, medium and small markets. The recognition is the first time Radio Ink has included a program director from the Cape Girardeau market.
-- From staff reports