- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Former Lincoln land sells for $1.25 million
LERNA, Ill. -- County records show four acres once owned by Abraham Lincoln have been sold to a Rockford-based organization for $1.25 million.
The land is near the Lincoln Log Cabin State Historic Site, the 1840s home of the former president's father and stepmother. Lincoln later purchased the central Illinois property from his father.
A newly incorporated organization called Friends of the Abraham Lincoln Historical Farm bought the land recently from Raymond Phipps, a Springfield man whose family owned the property for more than a century.