- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)18
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Redhawks knock off Gamecocks
Karleigh DeLong posted a double-double to lead the Southeast Missouri State volleyball team to a 3-1 victory over Jacksonville State on Saturday.
The Redhawks dropped the first game but won the next three to knock the Gamecocks out of sole possession of first place in the Ohio Valley Conference.
DeLong finished with 16 kills and 24 digs in the win. Aubrey Dondlinger recorded 11 kills and 14 digs. Kim Unnerstall had eight kills and three solo blocks while Claire Keaton had 15 kills for Southeast.
The Redhawks improved to 12-10 overall and 7-4 in the OVC.
Game scores were 27-30, 30-25, 20-23, 30-21.
-- From staff reports