- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Louis DesPres and Gladys Hency of Cape Girardeau announce the engagement of their daughter, Elizabeth Leann DesPres, to Jason Ronald Buechlein. He is the son of Ronald and Georgette Buechlein of St. Louis.
DesPres is a 2001 graduate of Notre Dame Regional High School, and a 2006 graduate of Deaconess College of Nursing in St. Louis. She is a registered nurse in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at St. Louis Children's Hospital.
Buechlein is a 1999 graduate of Mehlville High School in St. Louis, and a 2001 graduate of Ranken Technical College. He is a Diesel engine technician at Peterbilt in St. Louis.
An Oct. 27 wedding is planned at Chaumette Vineyards and Winery near Ste. Genevieve, Mo.