- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)36
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
ANNA, Ill. -- Jess W. "Cheesy" Brown, 87, of Anna died Thursday, Oct. 10, 2007, at John Cochran VA Medical Center in St. Louis.
He was born March 18, 1920, in McClure, Ill., son of Clovis and Stella Goodman Brown.
He was a lifetime member of VFW Post 3455 and Disabled American Veterans.
He served in the U.S. Navy during World War II.
Survivors include a brother, Ray Brown of St. Louis, and a half sister, Christina Nickles of Anna.
He was preceded in death by two brothers, two half brothers and a half sister.
Visitation will be from 11 a.m. to service time today at Lutz & Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. today at the funeral home, with the Rev. Joe Aldridge officiating. Burial will be in Alto Pass Cemetery in Alto Pass, Ill.