- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)22
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
ANNA, Ill. -- Jess W. "Cheesy" Brown, 87, of Anna died Thursday, Oct. 10, 2007, at John Cochran VA Medical Center in St. Louis.
He was born March 18, 1920, in McClure, Ill., son of Clovis and Stella Goodman Brown.
He was a lifetime member of VFW Post 3455 and Disabled American Veterans.
He served in the U.S. Navy during World War II.
Survivors include a brother, Ray Brown of St. Louis, and a half sister, Christina Nickles of Anna.
He was preceded in death by two brothers, two half brothers and a half sister.
Visitation will be from 11 a.m. to service time today at Lutz & Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. today at the funeral home, with the Rev. Joe Aldridge officiating. Burial will be in Alto Pass Cemetery in Alto Pass, Ill.