- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
ANNA, Ill. -- Flora Mae Arbuckle, 87, of Anna died Wednesday, Oct. 10, 2007, at City Care Center of Anna.
She was born June 30, 1920, at Buncombe, Ill., daughter of Ira M. and Florence Stokes Williams. She and Walter J. Arbuckle were married Dec. 24, 1942, in Cape Girardeau, and he preceded her in death.
Arbuckle was a secretary and an office manager for several businesses, retiring from Holcomb Welding and Machine Works. She was a member of the Anna First Baptist Church, where she served as adult director and also served for seven years as the Sunday school director. Arbuckle served on the Clear Creek Association assist team and was a longtime member of the Union County Home Extension.
Survivors include her daughter, Marilyn M. Arbuckle of Energy, Ill.
Friends may call from 4 to 7 p.m. today at Lutz & Rendleman Funeral Home.
Funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home. The Rev. Tony Foeller will officiate, with burial in Anna City Cemetery.