- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Molly May Lowes, 76, of Jackson died Thursday, Oct. 11, 2007, at her home.
She was born Jan. 17, 1931, in Jackson, daughter of Milton Otis and Ruth Penny Kurre. She and Joe K. Lowes were married July 11, 1954. He died May 23, 1996.
Lowes was a graduate of Jackson High School. She was a bookkeeper 15 years with Jackson School District, retiring in 1989. She was a member of First Presbyterian Church in Jackson and Presbyterian Women's Group.
Survivors include a daughter, Barbara J. Lowes (C.W. Scherer) of St. Louis; two brothers, P.M. (Jean) Kurre of Jackson, David (Sharon) Kurre of St. Charles, Mo.; a sister, Helen Statler of St. Charles; four grandchildren, Wendy Scherer of Centreville, Va., Kim (Gene) Harman of Lincoln, Del., Caleb and Adam Scherer of St. Louis; three great-grandchildren, Andrew Bergmann, Ashley and C.J. Harman of Lincoln.
She was preceded in death by a brother, Robert Kurre.
Friends may call from 5 to 9 p.m. Saturday at Cracraft-Miller Funeral Home and from noon to service time Sunday at First Presbyterian Church.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Sunday at the church, with Dr. Grant F.C. Gillard officiating. Burial will be in Russell Heights Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to First Presbyterian Church.