- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)3
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)5
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)16
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)25
Egyptian plane catches fire at Istanbul airport after making emergency landing
ISTANBUL, Turkey -- An Egyptian plane carrying 163 people to Poland caught fire Thursday after making an emergency landing at Istanbul's international airport, a government official said. One passenger was slightly injured.
The fire in the Egyptian plane owned by AMC Airlines was extinguished, and there was no loss of life, said the official at the state agency in charge of airports. He spoke on condition of anonymity because he is not allowed to talk to the media.
The plane was forced to land in Istanbul due to a technical problem, but its landing gear failed to work properly. The aircraft landed on its fuselage, starting a fire, the official said.
There were 156 passengers and seven crew members aboard, and one of the passengers was slightly injured, he said.