- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Road trippin extras
Less than 2 hours away
Saint Louis Art Museum, St. Louis
This exhibition that opens Friday shows visitors the story behind the creation of "The County Election" -- the famous work by famous Missouri artist George Caleb Bingham, through prints and detailed drawings.
Less than 3 hours away
Shannon County, Near Eminence, Mo.
The Missouri Department of Natural Resources is seeking public input on a new state park being proposed along the Current River near Eminence this weekend.
The new park is on the property of the historic Alton Club, currently under the control of the Missouri Department of Conservation. DNR staff will seek public input at a variety of locations near Eminence this weekend. For a list of places, dates and times call DNR at 800-334-6946 or visit www.mostateparks.com.
Less than 1 hour away
Alto Vineyards, Alto Pass, Ill.
Alto Vineyards goes back to the earliest days of rock 'n' roll on Saturday when Warren Batts, original frontman for Bill Haley and the Comets, performs from 1 to 4 p.m. Known as the Rock-It Man, Batts incorporates his audiences into his shows.
For more information call the vineyard at 618-893-4898 or visit www.altovineyards.net.