- Police: Cape man kidnapped woman, then raped, assaulted her (06/30/16)7
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)37
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- Four men accused of roles in three robberies (06/29/16)3
- Coroner asks for grand jury in Poplar Bluff fatal hit-and-run case (06/28/16)1
- Southeast president to get his U.S. citizenship July 4 (06/30/16)33
- Cape murderer still will serve 2 life sentences; appeals court forced reduced charge (06/30/16)
- Cape detective who helped solve Krajcir case is retiring (06/28/16)8
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Business notebook: Melting Co. adds to Cape's food-truck fleet (06/27/16)
Ola M. Schreiner, 88, of Jackson passed away Wednesday, Oct. 10, 2007, at Jackson Manor Nursing Home.
She was born Dec. 3, 1918, in Marble Hill, Mo., daughter of Edward N. and Sarah Stevens Barks. She and Charles O. Schreiner were married Dec. 7, 1939. He passed away Dec. 16, 1986.
She and her family moved to Jackson from Marble Hill in 1954. Ola was an active member of New McKendree United Methodist Church in Jackson more than 50 years. She was also a member of Naomi Circle, United Methodist Women and the former Eastside Homemakers Club.
Loving survivors include a son, Eddie (Carolyn) Schreiner of Jackson; two grandsons, Rev. Mike (Dee Dee) Schreiner of Lake St. Louis, Mo., Rob (Becky) Schreiner of Wildwood, Mo.; four great-grandchildren, Justin, Derek and Samuel Schreiner, and Jay Ruark.
She was preceded in death by five brothers and three sisters.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson.
The funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Mike Schreiner and the Rev. John Rice officiating. A private graveside service will be conducted in Russell Heights Cemetery in Jackson.
Memorials may be made to New McKendree South Campus Hospitality Committee or Southeast Hospice.
Sympathy messages may be sent to the family online at www.mccombsfuneralhome.com.