- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Cape Girardeau City Council action 10/4/07
* Appropriated monies for operating and capital expenditures from the Convention and Tourism Fund for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2008.
* Approved the record plat of Olive Garden Condominiums.
* Approved the record plat of Ramsey Plantation.
* Approved the record plat of Sexton Subdivision.
New ordinances (first readings)
* Approved the annexation land to Cape Girardeau upon the request of Ruth Ann Norman and Earl H. Norman, trustees of the Ruth Ann Norman Revocable Living Trust Agreement dated Dec. 4, 1987; Earl H. Norman, trustee of the Earl H. Norman Revocable Living Trust Agreement dated Dec. 4, 1987; and Earl H. Norman and Ruth Ann Norman, individually.
* Approved the placement of stop signs on Kent Drive at its intersection with Sussex Drive and Derbyshire Lane.
* Approved a special-use permit to Carlos Ratliff and Emmagene Ratliff for purposes of constructing and maintaining a commercial parking lot at 622 N. Sprigg St.
* Amended Chapter 2 of the city code regarding advisory boards and the Vision 2020 Community Relations Council.
* Granted a special-use permit to Wayfield LLC for purposes of building, maintaining and operating a condominium complex between Kingshighway, Boulder Crest Drive, Hunter's Lane and South County Park.
* Authorized the city manager to execute an agreement between the Cape Girardeau Chamber of Commerce and the City of Cape Girardeau for operation of the Convention and Visitors Bureau.
* Approved a retail liquor by the drink and Sunday sales license for Jimmi's Restaurant & Bar LLC, 2406 William St., Russell Beam, managing officer.
* Approved a temporary 5 percent beer by the drink license for Mary E. Burton-Hitt, d/b/a Southeast Missouri Hospital Foundation, for an event to be held Oct. 25 and 26 at the Show Me Center.
* Designated October as Neighborhood Nights Month.
* Commended Bob Kembel and Ed Serandos for service during their careers at the fire department.