- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)17
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Several minor injuries in accident involving Mo. school bus
HIGH RIDGE, Mo. (AP) -- Six St. Louis-area middle school students and their bus driver were taken to a hospital Tuesday with minor injuries Tuesday after the bus ran into a ditch to avoid hitting a car stopped in traffic.
Jefferson County Sheriff's Capt. Ralph Brown said the accident happened about 7 a.m. near High Ridge. The bus was carrying 21 students, ages 11 and 12, to Northwest Valley Middle School.
The driver and six students were taken to a hospital by ambulance. The other students and an adult bus monitor were taken to the hospital by another bus for precautionary reasons.
Information from: St. Louis Post-Dispatch, http://www.stltoday.com