- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
St. Louis man dies after shootout with police
ST. LOUIS (AP) -- An 18-year-old St. Louis man has died after a shootout with a plainclothes police officer.
The suspect is identified as Kendrick Alexander.
The shooting happened yesterday afternoon. Detectives saw a man chasing another man and firing shots. The detectives approached in an unmarked sport utility vehicle and announced their presence. Police say that's when the suspect began shooting at the officers.
One of the detectives fired back several times. Alexander died later yesterday at a hospital.
The officer who shot the suspect is on administrative leave as the matter is investigated.
Information from: St. Louis Post-Dispatch, http://www.stltoday.com