- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
DeLong earns OVC honors
The soccer team just missed setting single-game scoring record.
Southeast Missouri State's Karleigh DeLong is the Ohio Valley Conference co-offensive player of the week for volleyball, the league announced Monday.
DeLong, a sophomore outside hitter, led the Redhawks with 51 kills, 10 blocks and seven aces last week while producing two double-doubles in three matches.
DeLong had 20 kills against Memphis and Eastern Kentucky, while contributing 11 against Morehead State.
Southeast (8-9, 4-3) is in fifth place in the OVC. The Redhawks play at Murray State, which sits at 4-2 in the conference good enough for fourth place, tonight.
No soccer scoring record
The Southeast women's soccer team just missed out on the OVC record for most goals in a conference game during Sunday's 9-0 romp at Eastern Kentucky.
According to OVC officials, Tennessee-Martin beat Morehead State 10-3 in 2002.
Southeast did apparently break the OVC mark for largest margin of victory in a conference game.
The Redhawks already held the overall OVC record for most single-game goals, set last year in a 12-0 rout of Arkansas-Pine Bluff.
Southeast (5-2-1, 2-0) is tied for first place in the OVC.
The Redhawks host Austin Peay, which is 0-1 and sits in eighth place in the conference, Friday night.
-- From staff reports