- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
TAMMS, Ill. -- James "Jay" C. Morse, 74, of Dorsey, Ill., died Sunday, Dec. 28, 2003, at his residence.
He was born May 25, 1929, in Powe, Mo., son of the late Allen and Myrtle Whitehead Morse. He and Norma Holshouser were married Sept. 4, 1960, at Wood River, Ill.
Morse was a veteran of the Army Air Force in World War II. He and his wife owned an operated Morse Auction for 37 years. He was a 30-year member of Bethalto Lodge 406 and member of the Ainad Shrine Temple.
Survivors include his wife and two brothers, Larry Morse of Belleville, Ill., and Dennis Morse of Doniphan, Mo., and many nieces, nephews, and cousins, who he felt were like his brothers and sisters.
He was preceded in death by two sisters, Delores Worley and Carolyn Black and a brother, Victor Morse.
Visitation was 5 to 7 p.m. Wednesday at Landers Funeral Home in Bunker Hill, Ill. Masonic services were conducted at 7 p.m., immediately followed by memorial services. The Rev. Mark Scrandrette officiated. Per his request, his body was cremated. Burial was held Saturday, Jan. 3, 2004, at the Bethany Cemetery in Bernie, Mo.
Expressions of sympathy or memorials are designated in St. Anthony's Hospice or a charity of one's choice.
This announcement is courtesy of Jones Funeral Home in Tamms.