- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)19
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
ORAN, Mo. -- Roy Leon Davis, 72, of Vicksburg, Miss., died Tuesday, Sept. 25, 2007, at Promise Hospital of Vicksburg.
He was born June 30, 1935, in Osceola, Ark., son of Dick and Mary Buell Davis.
Davis was a brick mason and owned and operated a lawn care service many years.
Survivors include three sons, Rick Davis of Birmingham, Ala., Tom Davis of Delta, La., John Davis of Warrior, Ala.; four sisters, Peggy Lape and Jane Swain of Chaffee, Mo., Lavern Warren of Kansas City, Kan., Janice Trankler of Oran; two brothers, Bill Davis of Valrico, Fla., Glen Davis of Oran; seven grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, a son, two sisters and a brother.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Oran.
A graveside service will be held at 2 p.m. Sunday at Forest Hills Memorial Gardens near Morley, Mo. The Rev. Ed Carter will officiate.