- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)21
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Southeast reports three confirmed cases of mumps; more cases possible (2/14/17)1
- Right to Work and Taxes (2/10/17)
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
Toys for Tots helps 1,544 children
To the editor:
While most of the residents of this area were spending this Christmas season decorating their homes and lawns with a variety of ornaments and lights, the members of the Cpl. Mason O. Yarbrough Detachment of the Marine Corps League were busy planning, collecting and organization the annual Toys for Tots drive. We want to report the success of this year's drive and thank everyone for their support.
We collected nearly 4,000 new toys and over $8,000 in cash to purchase toys for needy children. These gifts enabled us to distribute toys to 1,544 area children. Our service area covers 11 Southeast Missouri counties, providing a wonderful Christmas for those who might not have had one.
Thank you to all those who contributed to this year's program. And, for the many children who benefited, we say thank you to this generous and giving community.
Toys for Tots Chairman
Cpl. Mason O. Yarbrough Detachment
Marine Corps League