- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Woman may lose foot after being hit by moped (5/24/17)
- Illinois Trail of Tears site where Cherokee buried named to National Historic Register (5/24/17)
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
- Police: Woman arrested after meth found hidden in pants (5/26/17)2
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
- Police apprehend Charleston man they say hit Cape woman with car (5/24/17)
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
Toys for Tots helps 1,544 children
To the editor:
While most of the residents of this area were spending this Christmas season decorating their homes and lawns with a variety of ornaments and lights, the members of the Cpl. Mason O. Yarbrough Detachment of the Marine Corps League were busy planning, collecting and organization the annual Toys for Tots drive. We want to report the success of this year's drive and thank everyone for their support.
We collected nearly 4,000 new toys and over $8,000 in cash to purchase toys for needy children. These gifts enabled us to distribute toys to 1,544 area children. Our service area covers 11 Southeast Missouri counties, providing a wonderful Christmas for those who might not have had one.
Thank you to all those who contributed to this year's program. And, for the many children who benefited, we say thank you to this generous and giving community.
Toys for Tots Chairman
Cpl. Mason O. Yarbrough Detachment
Marine Corps League