- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Thankful people: Marble Hill woman been through much and remains thankful (11/24/16)
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)4
- Light Christmas: Thousands gather to view Parade of Lights (11/28/16)5
Toys for Tots helps 1,544 children
To the editor:
While most of the residents of this area were spending this Christmas season decorating their homes and lawns with a variety of ornaments and lights, the members of the Cpl. Mason O. Yarbrough Detachment of the Marine Corps League were busy planning, collecting and organization the annual Toys for Tots drive. We want to report the success of this year's drive and thank everyone for their support.
We collected nearly 4,000 new toys and over $8,000 in cash to purchase toys for needy children. These gifts enabled us to distribute toys to 1,544 area children. Our service area covers 11 Southeast Missouri counties, providing a wonderful Christmas for those who might not have had one.
Thank you to all those who contributed to this year's program. And, for the many children who benefited, we say thank you to this generous and giving community.
Toys for Tots Chairman
Cpl. Mason O. Yarbrough Detachment
Marine Corps League