- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)21
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Toys for Tots helps 1,544 children
To the editor:
While most of the residents of this area were spending this Christmas season decorating their homes and lawns with a variety of ornaments and lights, the members of the Cpl. Mason O. Yarbrough Detachment of the Marine Corps League were busy planning, collecting and organization the annual Toys for Tots drive. We want to report the success of this year's drive and thank everyone for their support.
We collected nearly 4,000 new toys and over $8,000 in cash to purchase toys for needy children. These gifts enabled us to distribute toys to 1,544 area children. Our service area covers 11 Southeast Missouri counties, providing a wonderful Christmas for those who might not have had one.
Thank you to all those who contributed to this year's program. And, for the many children who benefited, we say thank you to this generous and giving community.
Toys for Tots Chairman
Cpl. Mason O. Yarbrough Detachment
Marine Corps League