- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- New CEO named at Wood & Huston Bank (8/21/16)
- Victims of alleged Ponzi scheme seek compensation from killer's victims (8/21/16)3
- Cape Central football team falls to state-ranked Liberty in Pixley's debut (8/20/16)
- 'Santa' suspect Moffat sentenced to 12 years for sexual abuse of girl (8/23/16)2
Toys for Tots helps 1,544 children
To the editor:
While most of the residents of this area were spending this Christmas season decorating their homes and lawns with a variety of ornaments and lights, the members of the Cpl. Mason O. Yarbrough Detachment of the Marine Corps League were busy planning, collecting and organization the annual Toys for Tots drive. We want to report the success of this year's drive and thank everyone for their support.
We collected nearly 4,000 new toys and over $8,000 in cash to purchase toys for needy children. These gifts enabled us to distribute toys to 1,544 area children. Our service area covers 11 Southeast Missouri counties, providing a wonderful Christmas for those who might not have had one.
Thank you to all those who contributed to this year's program. And, for the many children who benefited, we say thank you to this generous and giving community.
Toys for Tots Chairman
Cpl. Mason O. Yarbrough Detachment
Marine Corps League