- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Newcomer's Club to decide new name this week
A final vote on the Newcomer's Club name change will be held at the 11:30 a.m. meeting on Wednesday.
Activities of the Newcomer's Club's subgroups for January include: the Book Club will meet at Barnes & Noble at 7 p.m. Jan. 26, with "The DaVinci Code" by Dan Brown up for discussion; the Lunch Bunch will meet at the Phoenician Restaurant at 11:30 a.m. Jan. 12; members will have coffee at Tracy's Place in Jackson at 9:30 a.m. Jan. 23.
Just for Fun Bridge Club meets at 9:30 a.m. Wednesdays. They are in search of a few more players with an interest in bridge.
For more information, call club president Connie Vardaro at 334-7674.