- 3 charged with burglarizing Scott City bar (10/14/16)4
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Cape Girardeau County: A great place to grab a bite (10/14/16)2
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
- Three weeks and then what? (10/18/16)2
- Suspected attacker of Southeast student apprehended (10/19/16)5
Pastor - Man says he's Jesus, drives car into church
SUNSET HILLS, Mo. -- A man who disrupted services at a suburban St. Louis church Sunday after claiming he was Jesus later drove a car into the building's lobby doors, witnesses and police said. No one was injured.
Life Christian Center pastor Rick Shelton told St. Louis' KSDK-TV that a man walked into the church during the morning service and claimed he was Jesus before being led out by ushers. As ushers waited for police, Shelton said, the man got into his car and drove into the church's front doors. The man was arrested.
Police said in a statement that the crash occurred after the man was denied access to the pastor.
The St. Louis bomb-and-arson squad responded after a package deemed suspicious was found inside the car. It turned out to be harmless, police said.
Messages left at the church Sunday night were not immediately returned.
The man was arrested, police said, though the status of any charges were not immediately clear.