- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
BLUES HOCKEY McKee to missup to six weeks
ST. LOUIS -- St. Louis Blues defenseman Jay McKee will be sidelined four to six weeks with a fractured right foot sustained in Wednesday night's preseason game at Minnesota.
It's the latest setback for McKee, who played only 23 games last season in the first year of a four-year, $16 million contract. He was hindered mostly by a hip injury.
Dr. Rick Wright, the Blues' team physician, said the injury will not require surgery.
In 2005-06, McKee led the NHL in blocked shots with the Buffalo Sabres.
The Blues also reduced their roster to 28 players, assigning forwards Chris Porter, Yan Stastny and Trent Whitfield, and defenseman Roman Polak to Peoria of the AHL.