- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)31
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Three killed, seven injured in accident in south St. Louis
ST. LOUIS (AP) -- Three people died and seven were injured in a catastrophic crash in south St. Louis late Wednesday night.
Witnesses said a speeding station wagon collided with a tractor-trailer, pushing the truck into an SUV stopped at an intersection.
Police said the dead are two women in their 20s and a two-year-old baby.
Derrick Silvers Jr., 25, said the car sped past him, going about 70 mph, a few blocks from where it crashed.
"All I heard was boom, boom, boom," Silvers told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
"Pieces of it were still flying" when he got to the intersection.
Desiree Taylor of St. Louis, the driver of the blue SUV, was not injured but was shaken after the crash.
"I saw the car coming fast," she said. "I got hit by both of them. "Thank God for my seat belt," she added, and started crying in the arms of a friend.