- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)4
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Witness says he saw man shoot Domorlo McCaster (8/19/16)2
- Southeast imposes 'interim suspension' of Sigma Nu fraternity over vandalism incident (8/19/16)22
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Pitmasters to descend on Arena Park for Cape BBQ Fest (8/19/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- Gender-neutral restrooms now available at Southeast (8/18/16)38
New on DVD
Writer-director Judd Apatow ("The 40-Year-Old Virgin") strikes again with one of the summer's funniest and smartest comedies. Seth Rogen and Katherine Heigl star in the story of a slacker forced to grow up and become a man after his drunken one-night stand with a career-minded woman leaves her pregnant. The movie is available in single-disc DVD editions containing either the R-rated theatrical release or an unrated version, a two-disc DVD set with the unrated version and more extras, and a combination disc with the unrated cut on standard DVD and high-definition HD DVD.
The filmmakers rounded up a remarkable cast for this yawner of a chick flick, including Vanessa Redgrave, Glenn Close, Meryl Streep, Claire Danes, Toni Collette and Natasha Richardson. Based on Susan Minot's novel, the weepy romantic drama flits back and forth in time as a woman on her deathbed (Redgrave) relates to her daughters (Collette and Richardson) the story of a weekend 50 years earlier when she met the love of her life. Danes plays Redgrave's character in her youth.
After years of making Hollywood sci-fi and thriller hits such as "RoboCop," "Basic Instinct" and "Starship Troopers" (along with the notorious bomb "Showgirls"), director Paul Verhoeven returned to his more character-driven European roots with this foreign-language mini-hit set during World War II. The film follows the undercover adventures of a double agent (Carice van Houten), a survivor of a Nazi assault against Jews fleeing Holland who infiltrates the enemy's ranks for the Dutch Resistance by seducing a German captain.