- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Cape police report 9/27/07
The Cape Girardeau Police Department released the following items. Arrests do not imply guilt.
* Kevin Walls, 26, of Jackson was arrested for stealing, possession of marijuana, failure to drive in single lane, possession of burglary tools and improper registration.
* Andrew Jackson, 25, 324 S. Lorimier St., No. 1, was arrested for possession of cocaine with intent to distribute and possession of marijuana with intent to distribute.
* Kenyatta D. Lane, 34, of Sikeston, Mo., was arrested for second-degree trafficking.
* Angela D. Richards, 21, 234 S. Lorimier St., No. 8, was arrested on a Cape Girardeau warrant for probation violation for assault.
* Kristy M. Swain, 22, of Delta, Mo., was arrested for stealing.
* Charlotte R. Smith, 34, Delta, Mo., was arrested for stealing/false declaration in the theft of clothing, jewelry and cosmetics from Wal-Mart, 3439 William St.; and for cosmetics, headphone, jewelry and household items from Big Lots, 214 S. Silver Springs.
* Travis K. Underwood, 30, of Marble Hill, Mo., was arrested on two Cape Girardeau warrants for contempt of court for failure to pay fine and cost of leaving the scene of an accident and motor vehicle financial responsibility requirements.
* Terrance Smith, 21, 814 S. Ellis St., was arrested for refusal to disperse and resisting arrest.
* Vernon K. Haynes, 20, 503 S. Green St., Charleston, Mo., was arrested on two city of Cape Girardeau warrants for failure to pay fine and cost for motor vehicle financial responsibility requirements and false declaration.
* Floyd G. King, 62, 2052 Steven St., was arrested on suspicion of driving while intoxicated.
* Jennifer M. Weissinger, 20, 1107 Bloomfield St., received a summons for trespassing.
* Amanda M. Sparks, 22, 503 Koch Ave., received a summons for failure to maintain property free of trash.
* An XBox 360 was reported stolen from Sears Grand, 330 Siemers Drive.
* A car stereo was reported stolen from a vehicle parked at 3822 Valleyview Lane.
* A car stereo was reported stolen from a vehicle parked at 1425 Ozark St.
* Cape BP, 3276 William St., reported the theft of gasoline.
* Damage to a picture frame was reported by Club Moxy, 107 N. Main St.
* Damage to tires and paint on a vehicle was reported at 1206 Perryville Road.
* Two people were arrested pending filing of formal charges of stealing.
* A second-degree case of trespassing was reported in the 2100 block of Chesapeake Avenue.
* A violation of the leash law was reported.
* A suspect was taken in custody, pending formal charges, for violating an ex parte order.
Southeast Missouri State University
* The theft of cash, less than $500, was reported at Dearmont Court.
* The theft of a Sony PlayStation and games was reported at H Dorm.
The Jackson Police Department released the following items. Arrests do not imply guilt.
* Property damage was reported in the 300 block of Cherry Street.
* A domestic disturbance was reported in the 1100 block of Highland Drive.