- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Jackson shuts out Central in softball
Jackson's Jessica Tuschhoff threw all six innings and struck out four in a rain-shortened 6-0 victory over Central in softball action Wednesday.
Brittany Feeney added two RBIs and Hana Bolen went 2-for-3 for the Indians (15-9).
WP -- Jessica Tuschhoff (9-4). LP -- Amanda Nichols. 3B -- Brittany Feeney (J). Multiple hits -- Jackson, Hana Bolen 2-3. Record -- Jackson 15-9.
Delta 3, St. Vincent 2
Kendra Burnett threw all seven innings, struck out seven and went 2-for-2 at the plate with a pair of doubles and an RBI to lead Delta to the road win.
Taylor Smith went 2-for-4 in the win for the Bobcats (10-8).
WP -- Kendra Burnett (10-7). LP -- Wengert. 2B -- Kendra Burnett 2 (D), Amanda Drew (D). Multiple hits -- Delta, Taylor Smith 2-4, Burnett 2-2. Record -- Delta 10-8.
Editor's note: The computers went on the fritz Tuesday and we could not recover in time recaps of many of the high school events that coaches took the time to call in. However, we were able to recover them Wednesday, which is why they are appearing a day later than usual. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Kelsey Cissell dished out 12 assists to help the Indians knock off their in-town rivals.
Lacey Siegmund added 11 assists while Sara Moll had 14 digs for St. Vincent.
JV -- St. Vincent won 25-19, 25-23.
Chelsea Olson led the Indians (11-4-1) to a home victory with 10 digs and 15 assists.
Jill Rushin had five kills while Chelsea Dale chipped in three blocks and Katelyn Myracle added three aces for Jackson.
JV -- Jackson won 25-20, 25-7
Beth Griffin led the Eagles (3-7) with three kills, four assists, four digs and one ace.
Alyson Seyer chipped in three kills and two digs in the loss.
JV -- Oran won 25-9, 25-7
Wendi Zickfield led the Tigers to a home victory with seven kills and five aces. Rita Walter added five digs for Central.
Brooke Kasten led the Crusaders with 12 points, two aces, four digs and eight assists. Nicole Petzoldt added four kills and seven blocks.
Cassie Simpher chipped in three blocks and three digs in the loss.
JV -- Central won 25-18, 25-15.
Shannon Brennan had seven kills while Taylor Sanders had six to help the Bulldogs improve to 6-7-2.
Paige Schumer had 12 assists and Kaitlin Wibbenmeyer served five aces.
JV -- Notre Dame won in two.
-- From staff reports