- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)23
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Jessica Lynn Smith and Joshua Paul Hanlon were married July 19, 2003, at St. Ambrose Catholic Church. The Rev. Ralph Duffner performed the ceremony. Lector was Leonard Kirchdoerfer of San Francisco, Calif., uncle of the bride.
Organist was Betty Vandeven of Chaffee. Vocalists were Tyree Emerson of Chaffee, Jody Grim of Cape Girardeau, and Sheila Eby of Whitewater. Mass servers were Mallory Siebert, Samantha Schaefer and Ashley Glaus. Eucharistic minister was Nan Charleston of Chaffee.
Parents of the couple are Bob and Georgia Smith and Bill and Becky Hanlon, all of Chaffee.
Maid of honor was Ashlie Smith of Chaffee, and matron of honor was Christina Duby of Jackson, sisters of the bride. Bridesmaids were Jennifer Finley of Chaffee and Hillary Mayberry of Scott City. Junior bridesmaid was Taylor Kirchdoerfer of Chaffee, cousin of the bride.
Matt Hanlon of Columbia served his brother as best man. Groomsmen were Wayne McAlister of Cape Girardeau, Aaron Fuller and Jeremy Vandeven of Chaffee. Junior groomsman was Cory Kirchdoerfer of Chaffee, cousin of the bride. Ushers were Jimmy Duby of Jackson, brother-in-law of the bride; David Kirchdoerfer of Chaffee, uncle of the bride; Scott Johnston of Scott City; and Jordan Varble of Farmington, Mo., cousin of the groom.
Miniature bride was Andee Charleston, daughter of Paul and Nan Charleston.
Candlelighters were Jeannie Hanlon of Columbia, sister-in-law of the groom, and Jimmy Duby.
Betsy Rice of Columbia attended the guest book. Programs were handed out by Tracy Kirchdoerfer of Chaffee, aunt of the bride.
Following the ceremony, a dinner and dance reception was held at the American Legion Hall in Chaffee. Servers were Ann and Michelle Whistler of Chaffee.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner July 18 in the reception hall at First Baptist Church in Chaffee.
Mrs. Hanlon is a graduate of Chaffee High School. She received a bachelor of science degree in elementary education from Southeast Missouri State University in 2003. She is a fifth grade teacher at St. Ambrose Catholic School in Chaffee.
The groom is a graduate of Chaffee High School. He received a bachelor of science degree in business administration. He is employed by the State Farm Insurance Agency in Chaffee.
After a wedding trip to Cozumel, Mexico, the couple is residing in Chaffee.