- New custody law for equal time for dads begins today; some question law's relevance (8/28/16)5
- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- 'Santa' suspect Moffat sentenced to 12 years for sexual abuse of girl (8/23/16)2
- Schnucks bans solicitors, including organizations like Salvation Army (8/24/16)38
- Jackson girl stays planted on the farm (8/28/16)2
- Court ruling, state suggest businesses may apply use, sales tax to deliveries (8/24/16)2
UNIONTOWN, Mo. -- Helen L. Wichern, 79, of Uniontown died Saturday, Jan. 3, 2004, at the Lutheran Home in Cape Girardeau.
She was born on Aug. 7, 1924, at Jacob, Ill., daughter of Gustave and Ida Guetersloh Darnstaedt.
She was a retired postmistress. She was a member of Grace Lutheran Church in Uniontown, the Grace Ladies Aid, the LWML and the Retired Cheerful Country Doers.
She and Alphons E. Wichern were married May 4, 1946. He died on Jan. 17, 2000.
Survivors include a daughter, Gail Linamen of Jackson; and a brother, Lawrence Darnstaedt of Jacob.
She was preceded in death by her parents, a son and a daughter.
Friends may call from 4 to 9 p.m. Monday and from 6:30 to 8 a.m. Tuesday at Young and Sons Chapel in Perryville, Mo.
Funeral will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at Grace Lutheran Church in Uniontown, with the Rev. Paul Winningham officiating. Burial will be in the church cemetery.