- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)26
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Douglas Murray Massey, 67, of Vernal, Utah, died Saturday, Sept. 22, 2007.
He was born Dec. 4, 1939, in Vernal, son of William Sewell and Sarah Murray Massey.
He worked in the physical plant at Southeast Missouri State University and for several years prior, as a driver at the Golden Age Center. He was active as a community volunteer.
Survivors include a son, Shawn Massey of Cape Gir≠ardeau; a daughter, Tamara Everitt of Winona, Minn.; sisters Barbara Allen and Elaine Allen; and two grandchildren.
He is preceded in death by a son, a daughter, a brother and two sisters.
Memorial services will be at 2 p.m. Friday at Thomson-Blackburn Vernal Mortuary in Vernal.