- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)10
- Woman sleeping in car accused of attacking Cape officer (7/26/16)13
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Former Scott City mayor refutes claims made about loss of curbside recycling pickup (7/26/16)
- Burglary of trailer leaves its residents homeless (7/27/16)4
- Cape resident gets seven years in prison for shooting at man (7/26/16)1
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Foot plots provide habitats and nutrition to attract wildlife, grow populations (7/18/16)
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
Douglas Murray Massey, 67, of Vernal, Utah, died Saturday, Sept. 22, 2007.
He was born Dec. 4, 1939, in Vernal, son of William Sewell and Sarah Murray Massey.
He worked in the physical plant at Southeast Missouri State University and for several years prior, as a driver at the Golden Age Center. He was active as a community volunteer.
Survivors include a son, Shawn Massey of Cape Girardeau; a daughter, Tamara Everitt of Winona, Minn.; sisters Barbara Allen and Elaine Allen; and two grandchildren.
He is preceded in death by a son, a daughter, a brother and two sisters.
Memorial services will be at 2 p.m. Friday at Thomson-Blackburn Vernal Mortuary in Vernal.