- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Jennings Brainard Hope, 99, of Cape Girardeau died Friday, Sept. 14, 2007, at the Lutheran Home.
He was born Oct. 27, 1908, at Pocahontas, son of Annas Cross and Myrtle Tant Hope. He and Dessie Davis were married in October 1935. She died Aug. 17, 1965.
Hope farmed in the Fruitland area before moving to Jackson. He was a member of First Presbyterian Church in Jackson.
Survivors include two nieces, Patricia Preston and Nancy Hope of St. Louis; and a nephew, Hadley Jenner of Harrisonburg, Va.
He was preceded in death by a brother and two sisters.
Visitation will be from 10 a.m. to service time Thursday at Cracraft-Miller Funeral Home in Jackson.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with Dr. Grant F.C. Gillard officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park in Cape Girardeau.