- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)5
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
William L. "Sonny" McCain, 59, of Jackson died Sunday, Sept. 23, 2007, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Aug. 4, 1948, at Neelys Landing, son of Howard M. and Wilma J. Golden McCain.
McCain attended Jackson High School. He worked for Kasten Masonry in Jackson, the former Florsheim Shoe Co. in Cape Girardeau, and for Ceramo in Jackson 12 years. He had been disabled since 2003.
Survivors include his mother, Wilma Nunn of Cape Girardeau; a son, William McCain Jr. of Jackson; two daughters, Teresa Tanner of Jackson, Tina Purvis of Joplin, Mo.; fiancee, Marie Mize of Jackson; a stepdaughter, Regina Mize of Cape Girardeau; two sisters, Helen Anderson and Dianna Kimmel of Cape Girardeau; three brothers, Bo McCain of Cobden, Ill., Frank McCain of Cape Girardeau, Rick McCain of Chaffee, Mo; five grandchildren; two great-grandchildren; and two stepgrandsons.
He was preceded in death by his father.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. John Rhodes officiating. Burial will be in High Hill Cemetery at Neelys Landing.