- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Helen M. Lowes, 82, of Oak Ridge died Monday, Sept. 24, 2007, at Life Care Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Oct. 28, 1924, at Gordonville, daughter of Arthur and Dora Grossheider Koch. She and Harold A. Lowes were married July 16, 1950. He died Jan. 21, 2004.
Lowes was a member of Trinity Lutheran Church and Ladies Aid at Friedheim, Arnsberg Homemakers Club, SEMO Iris Society and Lutheran Home Auxiliary.
Survivors include a daughter, Joy Lowes of Jackson; two sisters, Delphia Kaiser of Gordonville, Dorothy Kaiser of Cape Girardeau; a brother, Arwin Koch of Gordonville; four grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a sister.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. Wednesday, and 6:30 to 8:15 a.m. Thursday at Young and Sons Funeral Home in Perryville, Mo.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at Trinity Church in Friedheim. The Rev. Roger Steinbrueck will officiate. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park.