- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)31
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Health calendar 9/25/07
* Sibling class from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at the Saint Francis Medical Center. For children ages 3 to 9 to learn how they can help in the birthing process and help them become better siblings. Call 877-231-2229 to register.
* Nutrition Plus Club at 5:30 p.m. at Fitness Plus Health and Wellness conference room 1. Nutrition Plus Club is a free monthly meeting led by a registered dietitian to help people meet their health and nutrition goals. This month's topic: "Drink to Your Health." Register online at sfmc.net.
* Newborn Massage classes from 10 to 11 a.m. in the Generations classroom. This course is for parents or caregivers and their medically-stable newborns up through the first four to six weeks of life. Participants will learn the techniques and benefits of newborn massage. Developmental research has shown that infants greatly benefit by receiving a simple massage daily. Bring a pillow, receiving blankets and baby. Participants will receive an instructional booklet.
* Arthritis self-help class from 1 to 3:30 p.m. at Saint Francis Medical Center Wellness conference room 1. Arthritis self-help programs are provided in several counties throughout the service area. These six-week Stanford University programs educate participants on how to better manage chronic conditions, work with their health care provider and improve their health. For more information on the class, call 888-216-3293.
* Breast-feeding class from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at Saint Francis Medical Center. Topics are breast physiology, milk production, positioning, diet, pumping and storing breast milk. Register today by calling 877-231-2229.
* Perry Park Center, 800 City Park Drive, Perryville, Mo., noon to 6 p.m.
* Bell City High School, Bell City, Mo., 2 to 6 p.m.
* Leopold Elementary School, 100 Main St., Leopold, Mo., 2 to 7 p.m.
* Bloomfield High School, 301 W. Missouri, Bloomfield, Mo., 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
* Aarons Sales & Leasing, Cape Girardeau, 334 S. Kingshighway, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
* Concordia Lutheran School-Frohna, Route C, Frohna, Mo., 2 to 7 p.m.
* Perry County Memorial Hospital, 434 N. West St., Perryville, Mo., 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
* Zalma High School, 1 School St., Zalma, Mo., 2 to 6 p.m.
-- From staff reports