- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Mary Jane Vaughan, 91, of Jackson died Friday, Sept. 21, 2007, at Jackson Manor.
She was born March 20, 1916, at Campbell, Mo., daughter of Caleb Edgar and Cora Elizabeth Benson Ellis. She and Kennett Dabney Asher were married Dec. 26, 1939, in Caruthersville, Mo. She and Leeds Butler were married June 19, 1967, at Portageville, Mo. She and Robert Vaughan were married May 6, 1984, in Nevada City, Calif.
Vaughan was a graduate of Campbell High School. After graduating from business school in Memphis, Tenn., she had a successful career as a fashion buyer.
Survivors include a son, Dr. Kennett P. (Joan) Asher Jr. of Jackson; a daughter, Andrea Ellis Asher of Newport, Ore.; four grandchildren, John Slapinski of Reno, Nev., Paul Slapinski of Springfield, Mo., Kirsten Asher of Dallas, Kennett Asher III of Jackson; and a great-grandson, Hunter Asher of Jackson.
She was preceded in death by a sister, Letha Hayden.
Friends may call from 10 a.m. to service time Wednesday at Cracraft-Miller Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at noon Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Jim Matthews officiating. Burial will be in Russell Heights Cemetery.