- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Mary Jo Dirnberger
Mary Jo Dirnberger, 73, of Cape Girardeau died Sunday, Sept. 23, 2007, at Chateau Girardeau Health Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Sept. 8, 1934, in Bertrand, Mo., the daughter of Marvin and Florence (Hooper) Ferrell Sr. She and Claude Richard "Dick" Dirnberger were married on Aug. 7, 1954, at St. Lawrence Catholic Church in New Hamburg, Mo. She was a member of St. Mary Cathedral, Saint Francis Auxiliary, the St. Ann's Sodality and a Saint Francis Medical Center volunteer for more than 40 years.
She is survived by her husband; four sons, Paul Dirnberger, Steve Dirnberger, Mark Dirnberger, all of Cape Girardeau, and John Dirnberger of St. Charles, Mo.; a brother, Glyn Ferrell Jr. of Benton, Mo.; a sister, Ann Beggs of Cape Girardeau. She is also survived by 13 grandchildren.
Dirnberger was preceded in death by her parents and one brother, Billy Wayne "Pete" Ferrell.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. on Monday, Sept. 24, 2007, at St. Mary Cathedral, 615 William St., Cape Girardeau. Parish prayers will be at 7 p.m. followed by Knights of Columbus rosary service.
Funeral will be held at St. Mary Cathedral on Tuesday, Sept. 25, 2007, at 10 a.m. with the Msgr. Richard Rolwing and the Rev. Tom Kiefer officiating. Burial will be at St. Mary Cemetery in Cape Girardeau.
Memorials may be made to St. Mary Foundation, Notre Dame Foundation, Saint Francis Medical Center Auxiliary.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.